To set up a free Disqus account:
1. Set-up account HERE - you can sign up with an existing social media account or with your email address, whichever you prefer.
- If you sign up with a social media account, you will be asked to provide the Disqus app with permission/access to connect your account.
- If you have not used Disqus before, you will be asked to verify your ID on your first use only. After your first verification, you will not need to repeat that step again.
- NOTE: if you are having trouble receiving the verification email from Disqus, your organization's firewall may be blocking it. Try using a personal email address (such as gmail) to set-up your Disqus account instead.
Once logged in, see the left-hand side bar of your screen to "edit settings" to include account profile details such as an Avatar, username, etc. This step is OPTIONAL.
On the side-bar, please select your notifications preferences*. You can select options such as:
- Email notifications
- Digests - to receive a daily or weekly view of activity
- Replies - to allow for an email to be sent to you when someone replies to your comments
- Subscribe - to automatically get emails on discussions you comment on
- Web notifications
- to receive notices in your Disqus Personal Notifications (when others reply to you, upvote your comments, or follow your profile)
* Recommended: Please adjust your settings to receive notifications - this will help you keep track of commentary so that you can more easily stay engaged with the discussion